VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
More than 100,000 refugees have made Minnesota their home over the past 40 years. Honor their journey by being a part of Twin Cities World Refugee Day! Whether by welcoming guests, assisting participants or engaging with children at the activities tent and story garden, you can join this growing celebration and help all participants feel at home.
- Set Up Crew: Help set-up tables, tents, and other equipment.
- Info Tent: Provide information about the event to guests, pass out surveys, etc.
- Resource Fair Guides: Assist Resource Fair participants with registration and set-up and help guests find the resources they’re looking for.
- Cultural Stage Crew: Help transition between performers, make sure program runs smoothly, interact with sound volunteer when needed.
- Activities Attendant: Maintain order and traffic flow at children’s area, assist children with art projects and activities.
- Clean-up Crew: Help clean up the park and take down all equipment.
Time Frame: Set Up (9am-12pm), During Event (12pm-6pm), Tear Down (6pm-9pm), or All Day
Worksite: Loring Park, Minneapolis
We are looking for people who are friendly, energetic and good team players. We welcome people from all backgrounds and levels of knowledge about refugee issues and cultures, as long as you have a desire to learn more and work with a diverse group of people. Volunteers from refugee communities are especially encouraged to participate.
*All volunteers must be comfortable standing for long periods of time.
*For activities involving setting up and taking down equipment, volunteers must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
If you are interested in volunteering on the DAY OF the festival, please contact Saida at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pictured above are festival-planning committee members, cultural stage hosts, and the late-shift event volunteers for the 2015 festival.
2014 TCWRD planning committee members and volunteers pose for a quick photo before heading to a celebratory dinner sponsored by the American Red Cross. Photo courtesy of TCWRD 2014 Honorary Chair Sousada Chidthachack